What is OKRs?
Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) is a management strategy for goal setting within organizations. It is a framework for defining and tracking objectives and outcomes.
Objectives are specific results that an organization, team or individual aims to achieve within a time frame and with available resources. They are goals, intentions, or purposes to be sought in the future.
Key Results are a set of metrics that measure your progress towards the Objective. For each Objective, you should have a set of 2 to 5 Key Results. They have to be quantitative and measurable.
Importance of OKRs for your marketing team
The Marketing team/department plays an essential role in promoting the company. They coordinate and produce all the materials representing the company, attract prospects, customers, investors, and the audience’s attention, creating a global image that presents your business in a positive light.
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visibleTony Robbins
They are several objectives in marketing, and as such, it is important that these objectives be achieved for the development of the company. With OKRs these objectives can be analyzed, measured and achieved systematically.
Examples of OKRs for the marketing team
Wondering what the marketing team’s OKRs look like? Go through the examples below to borrow some inspiration.
Social Media Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Increase social media reach
- 20% increase in blog reads via social media shares
- Get twice as many responses as the previous month
- Increase the number of followers by 35%
Objective 2: Boost referrals via social media
- Get 10k website visitors via social media
- 15% increase in demo requests via social media compared to last month
Product Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Promote products that interest customers
- Generate 20% more prospects every week
- Increase demo request by 20%
Objective 2: Maximize awareness of our new Launch
- Generate Launch Content: Trial Sign-up of 100
- Generate Sessions: Launch Content of 15K
Content Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Successfully implement lead magnet
- Make ready 5 solid eBook for lead magnet
- Grow subscriber base at least 5% per week, getting to 5k downloads
Objective 2: Improve blog content quality
- Increase blog subscribers by 25%
- 20% increase in leads generated via blog posts
Objective 3: Intensify efforts on content promotion
- Find 20 promotion channels to share old/new articles
- Get 50 positive response from email outreach
- Reach out to 200 influencers and publishers
SEO Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Increase website engagement
- Increase Avg time on the website from 2.0 to 4.0 minutes per visits
- Decrease bounce rate from 70% to 30%
- Get 30k page views per week from SEO efforts
Objective 1: Strengthen website SEO rating
- Rank first page for 50 relevant keywords
- 75% traffic on website received through organic search
- Increase domain score (DR) from 30 to 70 on Ubersuggest
- Get 1k backlinks from our link building strategy
Email Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Increase email marketing efforts
- 20% increase in demo request via email invitation
- 25% increase in e-book download via email click-through
- Increase weekly newsletter open rate from 500 to 1000
Branding Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Increase Brand Awareness
- Meet 20 key industry influencers
- Write 20 guest articles for other publications
- Launch 5 new ad campaigns
- Have 10 press releases through third party media coverage
- Create 10 podcasts
Inbound Marketing OKRs
Objective 1: Increase leads via inbounding marketing
- 2x conversion from webinar attendees over the previous one
- 10% boost in eBook downloads
- Increase demo requests via PPC landing pages by 20%
We highly recommend teams to collaborate together in defining their OKRs as it promotes unity, transparency and gives room for collective ideas. Do not directly copy the examples enumerated above or some other company’s, as it may not concur with your company vision. For more insights check out OKRs Methodology: The Complete Guide.
To save you a ton of headaches and money, we have a simple and intuitive OKRs tool to give you exactly what you need to achieve the best results.